Back to home
Degree - Pius XII
Jane Frances de Chantal
Our Lady of
Our Lady of Mercy
If you know of a brother knight
who is sick, in distress, or recently passed,
please contact Vincent R. Menegus at 610-252-6196 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take the Knights of Columbus Quiz to test your knowledge of the Order!
Click HERE to start the quiz.
Click here to see photos of the 2016 Council 345 Picnic.
Typically the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at
Msgr. Gobitas Room at St. Jane Frances de Chantal Church
7:30 PM Business Meeting
Click HERE to view The 2017 Meeting Schedule
Our Next Event
See the Events page for more detailed event information & the current list of events
for 2016 & 2017.
Grand Knight's Message
I hope everyone had a blessed and happy Christmas season. Since my last communication several events have been completed and new ones are being planned.
The Christmas card sales were successful turning a profit of $782.
The Children's Christmas Party was held on Saturday, 12/17/16. This year we had 40 children attend, by far the largest turn-out in a few years. The entertainment, gifts and refreshments created fun for all in attendance.
With it now being 2017, I wanted to inform you of some planned activities ---
- There will be an Admissions (1st) Degree Exemplification on Wednesday, January 25, 2017. Thanks to the Recruitment\Admissions Committee for making this happen.
- The Retention Committee has identified eligible candidates for the Formation (2nd) Degree which we are planning to hold on Wednesday, February 22, 2017. Membership Director, Fran Pullo, and Retention Chairman, Vince Menegus, are contacting potential candidates. Volunteers to assist them are needed.
- There is a Knighthood (3rd) Degree exemplification scheduled for Sunday, February 26, 2017 in Allentown. We will need volunteers to assist Vince Menegus and Fran Pullo to contact potential candidates.
- A Council of our size should be able to find new members each month. If candidates come forward we would have another Admissions (1st) Degree in March 2017.
- FYI, we need members to serve on the Degree Teams. We are looking for new faces for both the Admissions and Formation Degree teams.
- Lenten Fish Dinners will be held on Fridays from March 17th through April 7th. Planning and scheduling meetings will be held in February and March. The cost remains the same at $11 for adults, $10 for seniors, $6 for children 5-12 (under 5 free). Our goal is to serve 550 dinners.
- Without having a local seminarian, we should consider an RSVP donation to a local novice with the Sisters of Christian Charity. This should be discussed at an upcoming meeting in February or March.
- Initiate a "Baby Bottle Campaign" by issuing baby bottles on Mother's Day and collecting these bottles on Father's Day. Approval from all the Parishes would be needed, as well as contacting pregnancy centers to enlist their support.
- In conjunction with collecting the baby bottles on Father's Day have a designated Mass where Fathers reaffirm their marriage vows with their families in attendance.
- Initiate having a designated Mass with the Catholic Daughters of America to celebrate and pray for our organizations' success to our principles of charity, unity, and fraternity.
- Due to changes initiated by Supreme, we must revise Councils By-Laws to conform and implement these changes. Brothers Walter Evancho, Fran Pullo, Victor Scomilio, and Jim Szoszorek have stepped up to assist Chairman John Serfecz. While revising these By-Laws we also want to review the Council's dues structure which has remained unchanged for at least 10 years, so more volunteers would be helpful.
For the good of the order, if you know of a brother knight who is sick, in distress, or recently passed, please contact Vince Menegus. The Council would like to extend its prayers to Jim Schwar, who was recently hospitalized. Please offer the gift of a prayer for all Brothers and their families.
I look forward to seeing many of you at our meetings in January and February 2017.
Jim Di Paolo
HAPPY NEW YEAR
of the Flag