If you know of a brother knight
who is sick, in distress, or recently passed,
please contact Vincent R. Menegus at 610-252-6196 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take the Knights of Columbus Quiz to test your knowledge of the Order!
Click HERE to start the quiz.
Click here to see photos of the 2016 Council 345 Picnic.
Typically the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at
Msgr. Gobitas Room at St. Jane Frances de Chantal Church
7:00 Rosary, 7:30 PM Business Meeting
Click HERE to view The 2017 Meeting Schedule
Our Next Event
St. Anthony's Italian Festival
Friday June 2 thru Sunday June 4
Holy Cross Park, Morgan Hill Road, Williams Township, Easton, PA
Click HERE for the flyer.
See the Events page for more detailed event information & the current list of events
for 2016 & 2017.
Grand Knight's Message
This update is to share the changes that took place in May, and to position Council for the end of the fraternal year at June 30, 2017. The State Convention took place during the weekend of May 19-20-21. A report will be given at our meeting on 6/14/17. Next year's convention will be in Harrisburg, PA.
New & Advancing Members
Receiving his Admissions (1st) Degree on May 24, 2017 was Glenn Smith (St Jane's). During the fraternal year Council initiated 8-new members into the Admissions Degree. There are still two pending first degree candidates which we hope to initiate in June 2017.
Council also advanced 8-members into the Formation (2nd) Degree.
Not sure when there will be the next Knighthood (3rd) Degree, but we will keep everyone informed as we hear more.
A Patriotic (4th) Degree exemplification will be held on Saturday June 10, 2017 starting at noon. The event will be held at the Holiday Inn in Fogelsville. Those interested should contact Tom Rafferty, our Council Director. As of now, our Council has one candidate.
The Pope Pius XII Assembly will have their May meeting on Thursday 6/15/17 --- this meeting will be held at 7:30 PM at the Nazareth Council #4282.
The "Big Raffle" tickets to benefit the Archdiocese for the Military Services have been sold and as of 5/24/17 all monies were forwarded to the Assembly.
We are apparently making progress as more Council #345 members becoming insurance members. The Knights have some investment platforms to assist all Brothers based on their age and needs. While participation is voluntary, all new members should contact the agent to understand the KoC portfolios.
The Council's website has been moved to a new host. Brothers are needed to assist Vince Condello, Webmaster, and Mike Andreano, Consultant to assist with picking, layout, format, colors, content, etc. If interested please contact Vince. While emails have been exchanged, this group MUST get a meeting scheduled and not rely on me to coordinate this matter.
This is the next high-priority project that must be addressed before the end of this Fraternal Year, so please step forward and help so we have a better vehicle to communicate to all Brother Knights.
- Nominations and Election of Officers are underway. The third and FINAL reading of nominees will take place on June 14, 2017. If you are interested in holding office please contact one of the Trustees. Once the nominations are closed, voting will take place on June 14, 2017.
- The Scholarship Essay Contest winner has been selected. Dr. Joe Di Marco is coordinating this effort, and will be present to deliver the scholarship check.
- This effort to have a designated Mass at one of the Parishes on Father's Day where "Fathers Reaffirm Their Marriage Vows" with their families in attendance will be deferred until the next fraternal year.
- Initiate having a designated "Mass with the Catholic Daughters of America" to celebrate and pray for each organizations' success to their principles of charity, unity, and fraternity.
- Our Council does not participate in the COAL (Chance-of-a Lifetime) Program because of the timing and limited return to the Council. However, by not participating we are excluding any children of Knights in our Council from being eligible to be participants in the PA Knight's Scholarship Program. This needs to be discussed and hopefully a Brother Knight, especially one with college age or younger children, will step forward to Chair and coordinate this effort. A minimum of 50-COAL books must be sold by Council in order for eligibility to participate.
Good of the Order
If you know of a brother knight who is sick, in distress, or recently passed, please contact Vince Menegus. The Council would like to extend its prayers to all Brother Knights and their families, especially those Brother that have a special intention. Please keep in your prayers Dan Bonner, Barry Laudenslager (surgery on neck\back), and Bill Bogari (having surgery in early June).
Look forward to seeing many of you at St Anthony's FASTA as well as our meetings on 6/14 & 6/28/17.
Jim Di Paolo, Grand Knight #345